How to Effortlessly Create a Tagline for Your Business in 2020?
Creating a tagline for your business helps your brand identity stand out in the marketplace. It gives you authority in your niche and it speaks to your audience.
The visual life of a brand – the logo – is usually paired with a short marketing tagline that differentiates the brand in the noisy marketplace.
The life goal of a tagline in your branding should be obvious-Communicating the most important advantage, and benefit, of your business in a few compelling words.
It’s not easy to stand out – and many marketers are missing the mark of their branding.
WHAT MAKES A GREAT TAGLINE FOR YOUR BUSINESS?
Any copywriter can tell you that creating a great brand tagline is not easy unless you have the formula to effortlessly build brand authority.
When a positioning tagline hits the target, it becomes a vital key component of the life of the brand’s authority and identity. It is worth your time and effort to consider taglines for your small business.
Here are some examples of catchy taglines below:
- Dollar Shave Club: “Shave Time. Shave money”
- General Electric: “Imagination at Work.”
- State Farm: “Like a Good Neighbor, State Farm is There”
- Maybelline: “Maybe she’s born with it. Maybe it’s Maybelline.”
- The U.S. Marine Corps: “The Few. The Proud. The Marines”
Powerful Positioning taglines are:
- Unique to the brand: The tagline is so much a part of the product’s or company’s identity that it could apply to no other entity.
- Essential to the brand identity: Hearing or seeing the words evokes the company’s brand identity in the consumer’s mind as much as the visual logo does.
- Universal: The tagline is integrated into the logo design and used whenever the brand logo appears – in every marketing campaign and every marketing channel.
- Unforgettable: Once you hear a great tagline, it sticks in your head.
Create a Tagline for Your Business with these 7 steps
So follow this formula when considering a tagline and effortlessly build your brand’s identity through this 7 step strategy:
- Focus. Zero in on your singular point of differentiation: The key attribute, value, or benefit you deliver that makes your product or service stand out.
- Make it meaningful: Convey a message that your target audience will care about and understand.
- Make it memorable. Use structure, rhythm, rhyming, or alliteration to coin a phrase that’s distinctive and easy to remember.
- Keep it short. Use as few words as possible, ideally five words or less.
- Say it out loud. Say the words to be sure the tagline is easy to say.
- Integrate it into your logo. Design your brand’s visual identity so the tagline is part of the logo.
- Make it unique. Choose a tagline that can only be applicable to your product or service.
But, not every business needs to create a tagline.
Large corporations such as Costco, Zara, Nordstrom, Listerine, Crest, Pampers and Colgate do not have a tagline. They have also been around for a long time and are globally recognized brands that people generally recognise.
The more globally recognized brands that don’t have a tagline have logos that produce instant recognition and marketplace differentiation without needing a tagline.
So for small businesses consider adding a compelling tagline to your brand identity. It can be a great way to set your product or service apart from the competitors and it is a simple smart marketing strategy.
How to Effortlessly Create a Tagline for Your Business in 2020? Creating a tagline for your business helps your brand identity stand out in the marketplace. It gives you authority in your niche and it speaks to your audience. The visual life of a brand – the logo – is usually paired with a short […]